Wednesday 17 June 2015

But Kesha is just a Party animal right?

If you do know me then you realise I am a Kesha fan, it’s rare when I say this about an artist but she is one of my heroes. If you don’t like her music then that is fair enough. Personally I don't think that her talent is given any justice with her singles but her other songs have incredible meanings – her lyrics are one of the most feistiest but talented words I have ever had the pleasure of hearing. If you have never listened to the ‘Harold Song’ I recommend you should give it a listen.
However, it isn’t her music which inspires me although I do feel pretty badass when I listen to ‘thinking of you’ just because I relate to the lyrics myself and it fires me up! But what makes me adore Kesha is her bravery and her honesty about her position.
So, if you haven't heard Kesha is suing Dr Luke for sexual abuse and conduct. She suffered with bulimia which I don't think has enough attention on anyway. But she came out stronger and she supports her animals to do the same. Even in today’s society, girls tend to get the blame for ‘leading’ guys on. Now I can't say if Dr Luke did do this. But I am so proud that Kesha is fighting for herself, not even just for herself, for her animals – I highly doubt that She would lie, although nothing has been confirmed.

In her lyrics which she wrote herself, she encourages her fans to be warriors and to be loved for who they are and that no-one should tell them or anyone who you can or can’t be. It's put out there that no matter what shit you have dealt with, don't be a victim be a warrior which I think is a powerful message, that sometimes shit knocks you down then you get the fuck back up and bring it 10000 times harder. 
She is so strong and incredibly insightful and  encourages her fans to be colourful, creative and just to be happy.I hope she keeps making other people happy with her music but most of all I hope she continues to make herself happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment